- Choose: A Study of Moses for a Life that Matters (Real People, Real Faith Bible Studies)
- Galatians: Discovering Freedom in Christ Through Daily Practice (Discover Together Bible Study)
- Crossroads: A Study of Esther and Jonah for Boldly Responding to Your Call (Real People, Real Faith Bible Studies)
- Trust: A Study of Joseph for Persevering Through Life's Challenges (A Real People, Real Faith Bible Study)
- Journey: A Study of Peter for Stumbling Toward Jesus's Extravagant Grace (Real People, Real Faith Bible Studies)
At first glance, Esther and Jonah don't have much in common. Esther is an orphan girl, out of place in royal courts, who nonetheless becomes queen and saves her beloved Jewish people. Jonah is a reluctant prophet who ran as hard as he could from God. And when he finally gave in and his efforts eventually saved his enemies, he did nothing but complain.
While Esther and Jonah endured wildly different circumstances and had distinctly singular callings, they were both appointed by God. They were placed in a certain time and space in history. God carried them through unique experiences and gave them specific gifts. Despite their opposite attitudes of willingness, their lives are proof of the great things we can accomplish when we follow God's call.
In this nine-week inductive Bible study, Jodie Niznik invites you to learn that you too are uniquely equipped and called by God for a particular assignment in a specific time and place. Now you stand at a crossroads, and the choice is yours. Will you choose to boldly respond like Esther or will you fight your calling like Jonah? With thoughtful questions and practical exercises, Niznik will gently help you examine your life through the lens of Scripture and take brave, bold steps forward into the life you long for!